- We are looking for a Senior Polymers Scientist with a background in polymer materials development, preferably with experience in additives, modifying agents for thermoplastics, compounding and film extrusion.The role will involve developing new compounded additive chemistries and then scaling developments from labs through to commercial scale production. This role offers a unique opportunity to support the growth of an early-stage technology-focused business pioneering a new generation of materials science.
Qualifications and experience:
- PhD or Master degree in the field of polymer or polymeric additive chemistry, polymer materials science, polymers engineering, chemical engineering, or related field and experience
- At least 5 years of relevant polymers and processing experience
- Excellent chemistry skillset relating to polymer modification or polymeric additives. Deep understanding of polymer chemistry and polymer interactions with the subsequent implications these hold for end-products.
- Knowledgeable in areas of Design of Experiment (DOE) and performance testing of thermoplastic materials, preferably in films, sheets or injection molding.
- Excellent analytical skills, able to assess problems thoroughly and drive logical conclusions
- Creative; able to think creatively to solve complex challenges.
If you would like further information on this role, please send your resume and cover email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Polymer Scientist
Full time Neenah, WI (USA)